Mt Juliet schools are operated by the Wilson County School District. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement course work and exams. Last year, 1,688 college credits were awarded to students enrolled in AP and/or Dual Enrollment classes… a 54% increase in just five years.
Wilson County School District continues to meet and exceed the State's benchmarks:
- Stoner Creek Elementary was among 25 schools in the state recognized for ranking in the “Top 5% for Performance and Growth”;
- Springdale Elementary was recently named “School of the Year” by the Tennessee School Board Association;
- Last spring, The Center for Digital Education and The National School Board Association ranked Wilson County #2 in the nation for its pioneering use of instructional technology;
- The 2016-17 district's graduation rate was 96.2 percent, not only is that one of the highest graduate rates in Tennessee, but it exceeds the state average by nearly 8 percentage points. Mt Juliet High School graduation rate is 98.4%;
- In 2016-17, the district had a 21 composite score on the ACT, up from last year's 20.6. Mt Juliet High School had a 22.5 composite score on the ACT.
- The percentage of students eligible for the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship is 48.4 percent, up from the previous year. Mt Juliet High School student eligibility is 61.5% for the district;
- TNReady Results 2017-18: Mt. Juliet High School is top preforming high school in Wilson County and nearly doubled the state average of students testing proficient in math and science. MJHS was also well above state average in both english and U.S. History.
- TNReady Results 2017-18: Mt. Juliet Middle and West Wilson Middle (Mt. Juliet) had the districts top scores avgs. in science, math, and english..
- TNReady Results 2017-18: Lakeview Elementary had the 2nd highest science test score average in State of Tennessee.
Higher Learning - Mt Juliet is a short commute to many first class institutions for higher learning like: